Monday, February 24, 2014

LINZER COOKIERS, ECLAIRS, BEIGNET

Sunday baking led to lots of goodies.


My sister gave me a cookie cutter set and I wanted to use it. 
 


Most of the cookies I have made don't need rolling or cutting and I absolutely wanted to use them.  Started out by looking for a sugar cookie recipe but found Linzer Cookies.  Have never baked these earlier and wanted to try something new. The end result was absolutely worth it.

The dough is extremely buttery and fragile and needs to be refrigerated for a couple of hours to be able to roll it out.   For the recipe go here


Then I made some Chocolate Eclairs. This was for Shreya, my daughter, who loves them and always complains I don't make these for her ever.  Well darling, now what do you say ?  You better make sure you eat them all and not just one of them.
Recipe links here


After making about 16 puffs I used the balance choux to make Beignet.  Guess they were good enough not too last more than 10 min.  


No comments :

Post a Comment